This month our playlist has been curated by the lovely ggpeach. She's a New York-based musician who often plays in Montreal.
"The end of summer is always a time of mixed emotions for me - weather cools down and my energy subsides with it. But I’ve learned gradually that everything only has an effect on you to the extent that you allow it. This summer someone wise told me: “don’t let anyone live in your head rent free.” Music helps me leave behind all of my negative energy/words/feelings and that’s the purpose of this playlist. In times of transition, of budding relationships, or utter panic at where you’re headed next, you probably just need more Aretha."
PINK THINGS MONTHLY MIX
Listen to the full playlist on Spotify here.
1. Ain't No Way - Aretha Franklin
2. Mad - Solange, Lil Wayne
3. Should I Take You Home (Keyloc Version) - Sunny & the Sunliners
4. Déjate Llevar - The Marías
5. Turn Into - Jay Som
6. Matrices - Eliza Edens
7. Lullaby (feat. Jean-Michel Blais) - Common Holly
8. Oh Honey - Delegation
9. There Are a Thousand - Helena Deland
10. Scared Money - NxWorries, Anderson .Paak, Knxwledge
You can catch ggpeach's upcoming shows here:
Wednesday September 26, 2018: The Baby G, Toronto, ON
Friday September 28, 2018: L’Escogriffe, Montreal, QC
Her next EP, “Good Comes in Threes,” will be released on September 14th.